Feels good to be back online-I had a few clitches in my computer. The first day I was devestated! in shock and felt out of touch with "reality" which is probably the first sign of an internet junky I figured-lol. After calming my anxiety down with a few repeated words of comfort "Worst comes to worst I can rip the computer from my daughters room and survive" I told myself I need to get a grip :D Lets face it, as much as the internet is a godsend for someone to practice being social all over again, it's also our worst enemy.
As much as I boost the "all things happen for a reason" thing, I'll admit to kneeling on my floor cursing the little light on my modem telling me that all was well and happy in internet land in my daughters room. The need to set a good example and act like it's something I could live without pained me more then knowing that my child all though would understand me taking her computer but let's face it, she's bigger then me and has not yet figured out she could kick my butt-I'd rather her not use this as that "learning" tool-hehe.
I learned a lot about myself in the time I was "internet detoxing" I think it was a good eye opener ;) I ventured into my deck, my yard, my book collection, and many conversations with my dogs later realized just how I needed to adjust my computer addiction. But.......*hugs* it's SOOOOOOOO nice to have it back!-lol.



