Friday, April 17, 2009

Anxiety as a helpful friend...?

Today is a beautiful day outside, the sun is up and it has got to be close to 70 degrees. It's safe to say spring has finally come, but this is Minnesota and anything goes. I thought I would make the best of the day and clean the yard up a bit. Low and behold the first thing I ponder on is that mass demon of a shovel propt up next to my shed. Do I dare to put it away into the shed? it almost feels like i'm testing fate. I know the minute that beast is out of reach, the snow shall once again fall. "I'll take my chances" I say, and put it away...WHOA!! this shed is a mess!-hehe. As I retreat into the house I think of all the other things I should get done today. The thought of so many items to do in itself starts a whirl wind in my head, I know all too well. I can't think straight, the heart starts to pound and the hands start their tremors. ANXIETY ATTACK!...but let's not look at this as a bad thing. Let's face it, it is all pure adreniline which at this point is exactly what I need! :) I want to enjoy the day so I dig up some gloves, a garbage bag, and grab the radio! off to the shed I go!
I got a lot done today I'm happy to say:D and on top of it all I did enjoy my wonderfully warm day! who knew that anxiety could be so helpful...maybe this is the theory behind all those energy drinks they make. Someone thought "if I could bottle this I'll make millions!" :D