Monday, April 27, 2009

a loss for words, annoyed yet amazed.

One thing I have always held to be of truth is that almost no matter where you work there will always be the same "types" of personality in people you have to work with at a job. You could work in one state and move to another, it makes no difference. There will always be the "butt kisser", the "gossip spreader", the "boss wannabe", and so on. Whenever I have started a new job I have learned over the years to take people with a "grain of salt" and not take to much personally. I truly thought I had it all figured out to keep a positive attitude in working with others both for myself and those around me. If all else failed my famous escape was always a smile and walk away. Well this morning at work those idea's that have worked so well for me as a proven method of work place serenity have meet there match!
We have a new employee that is even more unique in personality then me! (oh, happy happy joy joy!) at first glance I knew by her nervous ways that she was another product of anxiety and we would have something in common :) but anxiety does different things to different people I suddenly realized. I was amazed how within the first hour this woman was nervously but accurately speaking the same words out of every ones mouths at the same time they would speak! OH MY....I have seen people do this only on "That's Incredible" or "Amazing people" type shows, never in real life! But this was no clapping matter, it was almost impossible to hold any conversation with anyone even with her in the next room! Don't get me wrong she is a dear of a woman and a great worker, but even my thread was wearing thin.
By then end of the 2nd day working around her, we were all tired and wanting to get finished and off to our homes and families, I snapped. Well..ok not so much snapped but when I asked another woman a question and she started in I simply turned and smiled saying quickly "I wasn't talking to you" and quickly turned back to hear the answer from the intended person. UUUHG!! I'm really not that type of person and really, I was shameful! I decided the next morning I would go into work and apologize to her.
So this morning I came into work with the words firmly planted into my head as too what I would say to her in my apology. I called her name and walked up to her. I was on my second word and she proceeded to say it word for word before I could even get it out.....word for word :l
....I simply smiled and walked away. Annoyed yet amazed!